Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lemon-Lime Ice Cream Sandwiches.

Look at what I found at Trader Joes!



Yummo!  I had to rip open the box as soon as I got to the car to try one of these little yummy cookies.  I love Meyer Lemons!  They were just light and crispy and you could have 2 and not feel guilty at all.  Then I got to thinking.  



I have so much of that lime sherbet left over from my Watermelon Push-up Pops, Ooohhh, AND I have vanilla ice cream too!  I could make Ice Cream Sandwiches!

Okay, so lets set them up and get a piping bag ready.


Then my BFF said, I could swirl the two.  Okay, I can do that.


Alright, so it is not as easy as it sounds.  You have to work FAST, only do a few at a time, and get them in the freezer after a few, then keep going.


These were my first ones, I made the next batch fatter with more ice cream using no tip on my piping bag.

This is what happens when the ice cream starts to melt because your hand is warm at the top and the ice cream is still hard at the bottom.  Basically as you try and squish the ice cream out, some of the melted ice cream squirts and makes a mess.  Not sure I have any pointers for you, just go FAST! If you don't go FAST you get a soggy cookie and it sticks to your paper.  



If you don't go fast the worst that happens is you have to eat the messy frozen glob of cookie and ice cream that did not turn out cute.  (Rough I know.  I had 2 kids sacrifice themselves by eating some of the messy globs.  Selfless and courageous, yup, I am lucky to have such kids.) 




Well, even after the mess I still came up with cute sandwiches and they were a big hit with my family that came for a visit from Chicago.  :) Not only are these delish, they were also low cal.  A nice cool summer treat.  

1 comment:

  1. These look great! I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this post! (sheepish glance...)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...