Thursday, March 1, 2012

School Scrap Book


At the beginning of the year my son's teachers asked if there could be a scrapbook made for the class.  I put my name on the little line and didn't think of it again until after my hand healed from being broken.  I was quite excited for it, I had an idea and I went with it.  I figured this book will stay in the class until the lat day of school and then on the last day, each kid can take home their own page.

I used the Cricut and many of it's cartridges, as well as the Creative Memories Boarder Maker System.  I will do my best to say what I used where.  Here they are.  This is a big post, you can always come back for school ideas of your own.



CM Boarder Maker System Picket Fence.


3 Birds on Parade.


I think I used Doodlecharms for this Sun.


Locker Talk.


Sports Mania.


Sports Mania.


I think this one was Doodlecharms as well.


Locker Talk.


My friend had this awesome Bus she donated to me, cool sticker huh?



Doodlecharms.



Once Upon a Princess cupcake.


Once Upon a Princess Balloons.


Doodlecharms.


Sweet Treats Flower.


Locker Talk.


Locker Talk.








Sweet Treats.



Create a Critter.



Sports Mania


Locker Talk.



Mini-Monsters.






Locker Talk.




3 Birds on Parade.

There are a couple that I don't remember which ones I used.  What I ended up doing to mass produce this album was break it down.

Night 1. Pick out paper
Night 2.  Cut out the names using the Cricut.  (Plantain School Book.)
Night 3. Cut out borders.
Night 4 and day 5.  Spent the weekend at a friends and did all but 3.
Night 6 Finished up.

(I did these all while the kids were sleeping and on some scrap nights that I managed to get away for.)

I did have to make the pictures 3 1/2 x 5 so I could get 3 to a page.  Fortunately my hubby is awesome and used his nifty Mac to format to size, and printed them out for me and then I cut them to for the borders I had made.  

Lot's of work, but totally worth it. These kids are going to feel very special I think. Enjoy, I hope you get some useful ideas.  



4 comments:

  1. What a labor of LOVE!! The intentional choices, color combinations, hours of detailed work and selfless giving...you are one very special woman! Great Work! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! I'm so jealous that you get to make little girl pages... =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can make a little girl page, it just has to be for someone else's little girl. :) Feel free to make Lilypad anything you want!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...