Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Diaper Cakes



I first heard of diaper cakes when I was co-throwing a baby shower for my BFF.  I had never heard of them and was quite confused.  Then, I finally saw one and thought 'how clever'.  Four years later and I found myself wanting to make one for a shower I was invited to.  I looked all over the internet to 'buy' one, then I thought why not make one?  Well, there are A LOT of ideas out there.  Have you ever visited Cake Wrecks?  Well, they should have a whole section dedicated to Diaper Cakes.  The ones with the most 'generous gifts' on them are too busy for my tastes, but the 'gifts' are super thoughtful.  Anyway I found this gal on you tube and I loved her simplicity and elegance.

Now, even my own diaper cakes could be on Cake Wrecks, they are far from professional or even amateur, but not too bad for a beginner.  Oh, and have I mentioned I am a work in progress when it comes to photography?  

Here are my first four cakes (in order).  I'd love to see yours, maybe I'll branch out one day, and try different ways to make them, but most of my friends are done having babies, so I'll put this hobby on the back burner for now.






I like this last one the most.  I didn't have any restrictions.   The girls I did this for had no idea what they wanted or what this was anyways, so that is why I was able to experiment with the flowers.  :) 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...